• ARE YOUR JEWELRY PAWN-ABLE?
Yes! Both Silver and Gold are precious metals.
If you purchase pure 925 silver dipped in 24k gold jewelry, you can have this pawned at pawnshops who ACCEPT SILVER.
If you purchase 14k or 18k pure gold, you can have this pawned at pawnshops who ACCEPT GOLD.
But of course in the Philippines, most pawnshops accept pure 14k or 18k gold.
• WHAT MATERIAL DO YOU USE?
Our Vermeil Jewelry is made of high grade 925 Sterling Silver electroplated with a layer of 24k Gold.
Electroplating is a chemical process that uses an electrical current that binds both silver and gold together. Given that the gold layer is firmly bound, it is more resistant to tarnishing. This is in contrast to simply dipping silver into a gold solution.
In contrast to our competitors, we use 24k Gold when electroplating, and we apply a thicker layer of 24k Gold to Silver.
Vermeil Jewelry is still mostly made of 925 sterling silver and is not considered as pure gold jewelry.
If you wish to purchase the same design in pure 14k or 18k gold, please send us a message (see chat bubble).
Our items are NOT HYPOALLERGENIC. Please consult with your dermatologist if you have history of skin allergies triggered by jewelry.
• WILL VERMEIL JEWELRY TARNISH?
Yes, Vermeil Jewelry will eventually tarnish but will take significantly longer time because it has thicker gold layer and a better gold to silver bond. This is in contrast to our older products where silver was dipped in gold.
Once the 24k Gold layer is scratched and chipped off through time, the silver portion is exposed. Once silver is exposed tarnishing happens.
When the jewelry starts to tarnish, we will need to have this cleaned and gold redipped / vermeil replated. Your local goldsmith can do this, or you can have us fix this.
PROCESS OF TARNISHING
•For silver dipped in 24k YELLOW GOLD, item will turn back to silver color then will eventually darken
• For silver dipped in 24k WHITE GOLD, item will turn back to yellow gold, then to silver color then will eventually darken.
• HOW DO I PREVENT VERMEIL JEWELRY FROM TARNISHING
Your B&CO Jewelry is made of 925 Sterling Silver. While it has undergone 24k Gold Vermeil Plating, the gold surface may still wear down overtime. Once sterling silver is exposed, tarnishing may occur.
To prolong the color of your jewelry, proper care is needed:
- Wear you Vermeil Jewelry often! The oils in your skin help keep sterling silver from oxidizing faster.
- Keep your Vermeil Jewelry in an air-tight container when not in use. Preferrably, use the plastic pouch we have provided. 1 pouch per jewelry.
- Do not store your Vermeil Jewelry in a humid area like the bathroom.
- Take off your Vermeil jewelry before washing your hands with soap, swimming and bathing. Do not expose to chlorine or salt.
- Wait to put on your Vermeil Jewelry until after you have applied perfume, lotion and make up. Chemicals like oil, nail polish, perfume can react with the base metal silver.
- Avoid dropping or scratching your Vermeil Jewelry. Remove it when you're about to do rigorous activities such as Weight Lifting.
- After you take your Vermeil Jewelry off at the end of the day, gently rub it with soft cloth (microfibre cloth is the best!). This will help maintain the jewelry's shine.
• WILL PURE GOLD JEWELRY TARNISH?
14k and 18k gold will never tarnish.
• DO YOU HAVE WARRANTY?
All B&CO Jewelry have 1x Free Repair which you can avail within 1 year.
Repair includes the following:
- Regular Gold Re-dipping
- Stone Re-Setting
Please note that the following services are NOT INCLUDED in the warranty:
- Resizing / Cutting
- 24k Gold Vermeil Replating
• HOW TO GET RING SIZES
We have tried a lot of online ring sizing tips, but our clients have been complaining that they get bigger sizes than normal.
Given this, sadly there is no choice but to go to a Jewelry Shop and have your ring sized in US.
We follow US Sizing. US sizing is usually the unit of measurement used in the Philippines.
• WHAT ARE SIGNITY STONES?
“The Signity Star Stone is a type of man-made diamond, which never gets cloudy, even in shower, pool, or spa water. Signity Star is a high -grade cubic zirconia cut to ideal standards for maximum reflection. Signity Star stones are bright and sparkly and display more fire than the best grade of diamonds.”
Taken from www.diamondwave.com
• DO YOU HAVE A PHYSICAL STORE?
For now, B&Co Custom Jewelry currently operates online with both this website and our facebook page as our Sales channel. We ship nationwide via LBC.
• WHAT ARE YOUR MODES OF PAYMENT?
We accept Credit Cards via Paypal, Paypal Transfer, Paymaya Transfer, Bank Deposits / Online Banking via BPI, BDO and Metrobank.
All items are handmade and made to order so we don’t have COD.
• WHAT ARE YOUR POLICIES FOR RETURN / EXCHANGES?
Unlike retail stores with multiple stocks on hand, we only manufacture the moment an order is paid. Given this, we can only repair your ring and not replace it with another piece.